Friday, November 21, 2008

Season of Gratitude

One more activity under my belt. This time we had sort of a hybrid event combining Thanksgiving and Christmas. We called it "Season of Gratitude". Our committee is down to 2 people now and so I was put in charge of all of the food and my cohort took care of the decor and program. It was lovely to be reminded that being grateful is something we must show, not just say. I am really starting to enjoy our ward family. Adam was speaking to some of his coworkers the other day and they were telling him that if it weren't for their job, they wouldn't know anyone around here. I felt sad for them. I cannot imagine how lonely life would be if not for the instant support system and fellowship offered by members of the church. Does that background look familiar?

Thank heaven for frozen lasagna!








No shortage of desserts in this economic crisis. Just plenty of comfort food!

No comments: