Monday, February 9, 2009

Gregory

So, you might notice a theme here. I like writing about people. People are what make our lives worth living. Especially since moving we have had many interesting characters cross our path. We have been enlightened, enriched, and generally entertained. Cue Greg. We have come to know Greg pretty well by picking him up for church each Sunday. Any attempt at describing him in this post will not do him justice. He is just one of those people that you have to meet to truly appreciate. He is an 18-year-old trapped in a 48-year-old's body. His spirit is contagious. He doesn't drive so we offered to take him with us to the Oakland temple several days ago. His anticipation for the planned trip rivaled that of a child on Christmas eve. At the end of the session he found Adam and me in the Celestial room and raised his fists over his head and said, "I made it, I made it!" I just thought those would be my sentiments exactly at the end of this life. His loyalty and faithfulness to the gospel are matched only by his love of the Golden State Warriors. So when Greg's father gave him courtside seats to the Warriors vs. Suns game, Greg invited Adam(mostly, because he needed a ride) and Adam was happy to oblige and sit in the perspiration splash-zone among the likes of Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and Shaq. Here's a little taste of the action...

3 comments:

Dan said...

LUCKY!!!!! That would be so amazing.

Noelle said...

You are a great writer. If I die, will you write my eulogy?

Tara said...

I love it!! You guys rock.