Thursday, April 16, 2009

Truth-Seeker

Often as missionaries and even as members of the church we pray that we will be led to those who are looking for the truth. As I related the discouragement I felt as a missionary in a previous post entitled Irene, I hope that I was able to communicate the excitement of actually meeting someone who is an honest seeker of truth. They are out there and being gathered. Irene is the newest member of our ward family and has joined with us through the beautiful ordinance of baptism. I was honored to speak on the Gift of the Holy Ghost last night. Tears flowed freely as I told her how much peace and happiness was ahead of her as she continued to grow in the gospel. She sat there beaming from ear to ear. The spirit in the room was so strong and felt like an old, familiar friend that was welcoming our new sister onto the path. I do believe we underestimate our connection with the divine. It seems to be human nature to punish ourselves or think that we can somehow manage this life alone. Why would we want to when the help we need is so readily available? I am so happy for Irene. She has taken that step and turned her desire for truth and knowledge into understanding, and faith into obedience.

1 comment:

Dresses and Spurs said...

Hey lets see some pictures of your baby belly....