Tuesday, October 27, 2009

son of a beach

we took Max to the beach for the first time sunday afternoon.
he was not very happy about it. i think it was an assault upon his senses
--the salt air, the waves crashing,
dogs barking, the bright sunlight--
it was just all a bit too much for his 10th week in this world.




this is our first family photo outside of the hospital.
the photographer doesn't get in front of the camera much.
what a trio!




Max wasn't the only one to have an assault on his senses that afternoon. all i wanted to do was take a nice snapshot of the beautiful bridge, but when i began editing this photo my sense of morality was under fire.


{click on the photo below for a better view--if you dare}

i'm not going to sit here and criticize heavenly father's children
and how they choose to live their lives
(perhaps my feelings are apparent in my observations, but it is quite unsettling)
.
all i can say is that if the Savior had been walking
down the beach that afternoon i think he would have been saddened.

6 comments:

Tara said...

All I can say is WOW! That is funny but really sad. I hope all is going well for you guys, you little guy is getting big. Miss you!

The Mursets said...

First of all - Love the title. What is with people? I am sorry your shot was contaminated. I think I would never go to the beach- I would be too embarrassed for all those kind of people. Bleck!

Tam said...

Geez, why did you go to a nude beach :) That's interesting because we went to the beach many times while in CA and I never once saw a nude person! You saw atleast 4 during that one outing!

The Fennells said...

HAHAHA! I cannot believe that picture! Wow! That is all I have to say.

Dresses and Spurs said...

That cracks me up. Nice Bridge
-Nick

Kristi said...

Wow... I love all the arrows, and titles you put by them... lol. I agree, I have never been to a beach were there was nudity, I think I would be so embarrassed! Sorry they ruined your picture! Love your little son as a tootsie roll, and love you in your way HOT sunglass!