Monday, January 18, 2010

...in with the new!

Finally getting used to the fact that I am a Utahn again.
Trying to start the new year off on a positive note.
So much to be thankful for
and loving every moment
instead of always hoping for something better.

I would miss everything if I didn't savor every moment with Max,
because he is a new boy every morning.



He learns something new everyday.
A couple days after Christmas,
when he was just over 4 mos. old,
he cut his first two teeth on the bottom.
He is ALL BOY and likes to make this
growling face at me when we play with
his stuffed puppy.






He is always watching
everything scary
and now starting to
imitate the things we do and say.








He has figured out that his arms
are quite useful
for reaching and grabbing
at everything that he
sees.











At times, he can't decide
if he wants to laugh
or cry.
Daddy loves that Max
can be having a total
meltdown and yet still find
it inside himself to smile and laugh.











Adam can get him laughing the most,
but he always wants
Mommy when he's had too
much excitement and starts getting
hungry and tired.








I am sooo over the drooling.
He will soak through
two or three bibs a day.
Now he wants to test out
his new chompers on everything
he can get his
hands on, not excluding Mom's hair
and anything that ISN'T his toys.





Sitting up presents a new challenge.
There are a
lot of core muscles involved
which means a lot of
baby clenching, grunting, & groaning.








He is getting very strong and
so far his attempts
to sit up look more like
pilates...












C'mon Mom, I'm workin' here.

















Here's a glimpse of the chompers.
I have to pull
my fingers away quickly
before he snaps like a
cobra...







Once he is able to get himself
upright, he has a
lot of trouble keeping
himself around 90 degrees.









I guess if my noggin were
that gargantuan I would have a hard
time staying upright too...



















But sucking on his toes
is a suitable diversion, and he is really
taking advantage of his flexibility....















We may have a
baby contortionist on our hands...










But after about 60 seconds
he just can't take it anymore and I
have to lift him up
and this is usually the look I get...














What a life.
Ahh to have giant thighs
that people just adore.

3 comments:

The Standrings said...

i loved this post! so fun to see new pics of max and hear about a day in the the life of him. i cant believe he already has two teeth!!!!

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

Haha that was fun...the whole time I was thinking...yup Zoie does that...and yup been there...haha there growing soo fast!! Hows Utah! Did Adam get ahold of Kris Marshall?

Ora said...

With your little site feed you caught me blurking! :) This is Jayson Despain's wife. email me if you or Adam are interested in seeing our blog. duhdespains@gmail.com