Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Like Weeds

I have really been neglecting my blog lately. My photoblog, however, has been getting a lot of attention. I had a little spring rush and was editing like crazy. I'm glad to have a respite, because sometimes prolonged editing in front of my LED screen makes my eyeballs start burning out of my skull.

My kiddos have been changing so much lately. Max has been doing a lot better. Between Dempsey being born and us moving, he has had a lot of regression in the last few months back to very infant-like behavior. He would refuse to use the words that he knew, more whiny than usual, wanting to suck on a sippy cup constantly as if it were a bottle, and very antisocial(crying the entire 2 hours through nursery even with one of us there). In my research of his behavior, I was reassured that it was very typical with children that are so close in age and going through stressful situations like moving, to revert back to behavior that is more comfortable to them. So, at this rate Dempsey may be catching up to him very soon and I will most likely be potty training them as if they were twins.

He seems a lot happier lately. He has been using his words more. He didn't cry much in nursery this last week(even though that's our calling now, so we are in there the entire time). He seems to be adjusting to a new routine and feeling comfortable in his new home slowly. One of his favorite things to do is go outside in the morning right after they have turned the sprinklers off in the courtyard. The sidewalks are covered with puddles and he loves to run as fast as he can and splash water all over. I love how happy it makes him.



Some photos I look at my kiddos and I see glimpses of me or they look just like Adam.
max-demps_006.jpg



Today, for some reason, I kept seeing my Mom in my kids and the resemblance was crazy to me...maybe I was just missing my mom a little bit. :)
Max is beside a photo of my mom in kindergarten and Dempsey is next to a baby pic of my mom. max-demps_006.jpg max-demps_006.jpg

My baby girl is 8.5 months old now. I have missed a couple of her monthly updates, and she is almost crawling and practically walking. She has no balance, but she loves for her hands to be held so that she can lead ME around the room. She is very strong-willed just like her brother and I am very terrified of the day when they are both running from me with reckless abandon. For now, though, I will just enjoy my sweetheart who is eating 3 jars of baby food a day, loves elmo like her brother, hates bows on her head, has 8 teeth already, is very tall and wears size 18-month clothes.

5 comments:

Ora said...

Those shorts are awesome! I can't believe how fast they are growing. Isn't it fun to see how their faces morph even within one day to look like mom or dad?

Kristi said...

Oh wow the resemblance between your children and your mom is amazing!! Beautiful shots of your kids!!

Christine said...

They DO look a lot like your mom! It was really hard on Brendan when Eva came too, and they were 2 years apart. I can only imagine what Max is feeling. Still, he's super cute (as is his sister) and you are totally up to the task! :)

BealAmaro said...

I love reading the updates and seeing the most recent pictures! What adorable kids!!! I agree, they do look like your side of the family.

Katherine Vincent said...

Wow! That was a good one. I agree they look like family. NO mail man here. Ha Ha. My mom and I were talking the other day we added it up, and if I am doing my math right you and I have been freinds for 16 years. I say that is Awsome. What a good freind you have been though the years.