Tuesday, June 23, 2009

To save a few bucks. . .

Solid wood dressers are not cheap, but we found one made of maple on Craig's List for $60 and couldn't pass it up. It was pretty shabby looking and had a big iron mark on the top, so I persuaded Adam to refinish for it me.
He sanded it all down and put on a spray primer. I picked out this guacamole color to go in the baby's room. After a couple of coats of paint had dried I wanted him to give it a distressed look by sanding all the edges down. At first, I didn't like the gray primer that was coming through as he sanded, but when he had finished...
I decided I really loved how the gray went with the brushed nickle handles I had picked out. He did a great job and was very patient with all my requests(i.e. demands).

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love it so cool. Happy birthday day Adam! Great party.

Jessica said...

It looks wonderful. Good Job. Now can you come over and help Dan with our Table?

Dresses and Spurs said...

Looks good! How fun! What is the baby's room going to be decorated in or what colors?