Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vernal to San Francisco


I went home for a few days and then my parents decided to make the trek out here to San Fran to bring me home and see where we live. It was quite an experience for them. Forget rollercoasters, you should have heard my mom screaming on our way down Lombard street! My dad finally let Adam do all the driving, because I was horrible at giving directions. Unfortunately for my mom, rainbow flags will never mean the same again...

I didn't take a single photo, so I have no evidence of our adventures except for one piece of video footage. We took them to an Oakland A's baseball game. My family are huge baseball fans and it was fun to be there with them. Tori raided the gift store right off the bat and was decked out head to toe in Oakland A's gear. For some odd reason, American Idol, Jordin Sparks gave a free concert after the game. We weren't that impressed and left after a couple of songs.

It was good to have them here so that they could see where we live and work. Now when I talk to them about what's going on here they won't have to use their imaginations--even though the truth probably wasn't far from their wildest imaginations of what San Fran must be like!

1 comment:

Tara said...

love the new blog look!!