Thursday, July 16, 2009

Family Feud

Well, I thought that maybe I wouldn't make it to the next quarterly enrichment activity, but no such luck. My comittee so conveniently planned it with enough time that I would be sure to be there and not in August when it was originally scheduled. I'm glad they did, because I always have a great time! We had a fully-loaded salad bar to start off the evening. Fay, the RS president put all the food together and her husband played the part of our french waiter.

Our theme was "Family Fun" and the committee planned an awesome game of Family Feud. About six weeks earlier we passed out surveys with 50 or so questions to the entire ward. The questions ranged from everyday trivia to church trivia. This gave a baseline for our game show. It was definitely a team effort. It took everyone on the committee to host, write answers, make buzzing noises, put up Xs, keep score, and get the crowd going. Carrie was our host and she did a great job playing the part of a cheesy game show host and making it fun for everyone--even the 90-year-old ladies got into it!


I am so thankful for all of these sisters. They have taken care of me, especially during this time, when I have been so far from family and friends. Now I can focus on getting things ready for baby. If my body would only cooperate with my intentions!

No comments: