Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NINE

My baby is 9 months old,
but most people who ask are pretty shocked that he is that young.
He is a solid kid and definitely living up to his gladiator name Maximus.
I'm not sure what he weighs exactly,
but I'm sure it's up above 30 lbs.
He already wears size 3T, yep T for Toddler.
When he stands on my lap he's about a head taller than me.
Luckily, his coordination hasn't caught up with his size quite yet.
He isn't crawling, but he scoots around like a madman
and is now working on getting up on his knees...
it's all a matter of time before I will be making sure everything is either
3 feet off the floor or locked away.

max9-3.jpg picture by joiester

He is already showing signs of a quirky personality. Whenever he is eating he has to be distracted in order to get through the entire meal. This means he either has to fidget with something in his hands(which I prefer not to compete with him putting toys in his mouth while I'm trying to shovel food in there) or he must watch two specific music videos on YouTube. We've run the gammit of musical genres from Country to Sesame street, but there are only two songs that will hold his attention while I feed him: Michael Buble Haven't Met You Yet and Train Hey Soul Sister. It is a strange phenomenon, but hey, whatever works to get the food down!

He is very impressed by most things he sees, even if he has seen them 10 times before. I guess I would be too if I had only been in the world for 9 months. He lets us know just how impressed he is by saying WOW! OOOOOoooOOO! & WHOAA! It is so fun rediscovering the world with him.

I am always trying to take his picture and he just won't have it.
Most of the time the photos look like this:

Mom, why are you making me sit on a board full of slivers and insist that I keep looking up into the bright sun when all I want to do is put those ants and rocks in my mouth?!
max9-2.jpg picture by joiester

The only way I can get his attention is to sing the primary song Once there was a snowman like a crazywoman and attempt to focus my camera between tall, tall, tall and small, small, small.

If I work hard enough, he will reward me with a gem like this:
max9-1.jpg picture by joiester

Oh, how I love this boy!



5 comments:

The Mursets said...

Joie,

What kind of camera and lens do you use? Your shots are always so awesome.

Tyler

Joie said...

Thanks Tyler! I am constantly frustrated by the limitations of my equipment(and skill :P), but with a little photoshop magic I manage. For these shots I used a Nikon D80 with 50mm/1.8 prime lens.

Ora said...

YAY!!! His smile is so cute. IT must be a boy thing to not love the camera.. Chase is the same way - face to chest as he plays, but our girl would look up at the slightest noise. Our trick with him is pretty much the same as yours - act like a crazy person.

I can't believe how big he is! Sydney was in 3T at 12 months, walking by 7 months... I can't imagine 3T at 9 months AND still acting like a "normal" baby lol. Hope you are doing well!

Annie said...

Joie! I CAN NOT believe how big Max is! Or how cute. We miss you guys!

Kristina said...

He is adorable & so big!!! Great pictures!