Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Timeline...

It brings back so many memories to go back over the past 6 years I've known Adam and 4 years we have been married TODAY!


I came home from my mission in 2004 and decided to go to the college formerly known as UVSC.
My first Sunday in church Adam was giving a talk. I had no idea who he was, but he told the ward how much he loved us and that he wished he could put all of us into "one beautiful woman". I decided I needed to get to know the funny guy a little better.

We were just friends for that first year, although I did have secret crush on him. Then by some strange twist of fate there happened to be an opening for a summer job in the same place he worked and he recommended me for the position. It was the most fun I've ever had in one summer.
ann1.jpg picture by joiester


During that time of working together, Adam asked me on our first official date. I had to give him a hard time about it because it went like this..."Hey Joie, wanna be a girlscout and go to a concert with me?" I said, "Sure, let me know how much it is and I will pay you back." The next time we dropped some of the high school kids off somewhere in the van, he pulls over and says to me very intensely, "When I asked you to go to the concert with me, I meant for it to be a date!" I'm glad he cleared that up. :)

Since we were supervising a bunch of high school students through the summer, we decided to keep the dating thing undercover. There's nothing worse than being 25 and getting teased by a bunch of 16-year-olds...
ann2.jpg picture by joiester


I always knew that Adam was the one for me and once the summer was over things started getting a lot more serious. Adam was a bit more nervous about the "M" word. After some soul searching on his part he decided that it was worth the risk and we were engaged in November of 2005.
ann3.jpg picture by joiester


Adam and I were married and sealed May 12, 2006.
We both continued going to school and having so much fun together.
ann4.jpg picture by joiester


This is us enjoying a cruise in front of our seaside mansion in Washington State near Astoria. Haha! I wish. We were just there checking out a lighthouse that Adam was thinking about working on in '07
ann5.jpg picture by joiester


We continued living in Orem and graduated with some of the first diplomas from the new UVU in May 2008
ann6.jpg picture by joiester


In the fall of 2008 Adam accepted a position with a commercial construction firm, so we loaded up the truck and moved to the San Francisco bay area.
ann7.jpg picture by joiester

While we were there Adam and I turned 29 and our family expanded by one very large baby!
ann8.jpg picture by joiester


Maximus Riley Madison was born August 18, 2009. He added a dimension to our relationship that we never imagined possible. We have both created things as individuals, but having created a life I have seen my marriage as God sees it and all the divine potential it holds.
ann9.jpg picture by joiester

The is a skeleton of the last few years. They have not been all rosy, but I would not trade them for anything. We can't wait to add a little sister to the mix and see how everything gets stirred up even more. Mostly though, I am thankful for the regular days of dinner and diapers, Adam's clothes covered in mud from a hard day of masonry, and a happy baby just playing on the floor.

4 comments:

Christine said...

"We have both created things as individuals, but having created a life I have seen my marriage as God sees it and all the divine potential it holds."
That's so well said. Just perfect.
Happy Anniversary, guys!

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

Aww your family is soo cute!! I loveeeeee that black and white picture of you and adam!! And your family picture!! adorable!

Janel said...

Joie I like this post. Makes me think you should make it into a book so I can know all your deep dark secrets. Just a thought. You guys make a cute family.

Angie said...

I still remember the first time we heard about Adam. I even remember exactly where we were all standing in your apartment and the way you talked about Adam. And I remember thinking, "She's going to marry him." And now look at you guys! Time flies! I'm glad to have the best in-laws in the world! And I honestly mean that.