Monday, July 19, 2010

The Ants Go Marching...and so did we.

A few weeks ago my kitchen was invaded.
By tiny ants.

My parents were visiting at the time and so my mom was helping me battle them for a couple of days. After my parents left, I googled every home remedy I could find on how to get rid of the little buggers. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough in my efforts. Some things would work for a couple days, but they would inevitably be back. Being 7 months pregnant has me on edge anyway and I just couldn't stand waking up every morning to little ants covering my counters and floors without getting emotional about it.

Adam, seeing how distressed I had become, called the exterminator. They said they could easily take care of them(for a small fee, of course), but that I would be unable to clean my kitchen for a few days after they treated it. Since Adam had planned some pre-bid meetings in Salt Lake, I decided to head to my parents house for the rest of the week to escape the bugs and the 105-110 degree temps.

It was so nice to be in Vernal. This year it is greener than I ever remember it being. My mom said they have gotten a lot more water than in past years. I started getting a little nostalgic for all of the places I used to play and ride my bike as a child.

day54-2.jpg picture by joiester
{see more pics from Vernal HERE}

Adam came and joined us after his meetings and we had such a nice week. Max even had his first 4-wheeler ride. I think he liked it.

4wheel02.jpg picture by joiester

4wheel01.jpg picture by joiester


2 comments:

Janel said...

What cute pictures! I love the Star Wars Tee.

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

Hes turning into a little man!!! So handsome!