Wednesday, September 15, 2010

birthday bliss.

Today I turned the big 3-0.

It didn't feel how I thought it would. You know how when you are a kid and you look at people who are 30 and you think they look really old, well I didn't quite feel how I thought they looked back then. I guess that's a good thing, right? I mean, I still feel pretty young. I've had a lot of experiences in my life and I am waiting for my daughter to be born any day now. I am thinking 30 is an awesome place to be in and things are only looking to get better.

The day started off awesome. Adam was up before 7 to take care of Max and he didn't come back to bed. After some coaxing I went in to find that the hard wooden chair that usually sits in front of my computer had been replaced by an awesome, adjustable, leather office chair. Leather Office Chair - High Back Executive Chair - BT-9066-BK-GG
I don't know who liked the gift more, because Max had the time of his life pushing and spinning that chair around the house all day long.

By 8am we were headed off to breakfast at Ihop.
My younger brother Tori has been staying with us for the past couple of weeks. (For those of you that don't know Tori he is a special kid with touch of epilepsy and autism in the mix.) I call him my butler...he thinks he's on vacation, so it works out beautifully for both of us. He thinks it's awesome to be away from home for so long and I let him take out the trash and carry laundry baskets for me.

Breakfast was on Tori...thanks buddy.

Because of my epilepsy(different from Tori's, but still most likely hereditary) The baby and I have to be monitored for an hour every week. After breakfast I went to my weekly appointment and yes, even at 38 1/2 weeks, this little girl is still moving around inside like a synchronized swimmer. Each week she is in a different position. I keep hoping that she will get big enough that she won't be able to turn, but now she has put her head back up and I am nervous that if she doesn't get it back down within the next week they are going to try to turn her from the outside(which I haven't heard good things about).
If this is a shadow and type of things to come, I may have one feisty little chica on my hands.

Then I got to come home and take a 2-hour nap while Adam cleaned the house and took care of Max...I love naps.



Later that evening, we dropped Max off with Adam's brother and went out to dinner. It was nice to have some quiet conversation.
Adam did something I never expected and surprised me with some handwritten letters wrapped in boxes that lead to some beautiful jewelry, of which he had to write in parentheses(yes, they're real). It was hard to keep from crying.

It was an amazing day.
Now I just want to celebrate my daughter's birthday. really. now. before I explode.

3 comments:

The Standrings said...

happy birthday! sounds like it was a good one!

Ora said...

Oh what a special day!! The pig the the torture device is best suited for the manual turning of the baby trick they do... Hopefully you won't ever have to endure that.

Kristi said...

Ha ha ha... You are an amazing writer! Please don't ever judge my grammar or punctuation skills.... I hope that you had an amazing day, that your baby girl shows up soon, and that whatever is happening to that pig doesn't happen to you... :)