Friday, May 20, 2011

rare moment. . .

Dempsey has hit her stride. These days she doesn't sit still unless she is asleep. She is the most wiggly baby I have ever known. She rolls, scoots, twists, wriggles, picks things up with her monkey toes, army crawls, spins, pivots, pulls, grabs, arches her back, kicks, and whatever else she can to get herself around the room and get hold of the things she wants. She hasn't actually started crawling, but she will push herself up onto her knees, so I know it can't be far away. Even when we are outside she wiggles herself off my hip and wants me to hold her hands so she can walk around. She's only 7 1/2 months and already this little girl just can't wait to be off and running!

demps-crawl.jpg


Because of her new found mobility, it is a rare moment for Dempsey to sit still and have a little cuddle with her momma. So this evening when she was very sleepy and wanted to lay her head on me, I had Adam grab the camera and snap a few shots, so I could remember my sweet little baby before she turns into a running little toddler too darn fast.

demps1.jpg demps3.jpg demps2.jpg cuddle-demps.jpg


3 comments:

Katherine Vincent said...

Isn't it sad how fast it goes. I dont even look at pictures of Tucker, because if I do I want to cry. Thank you, so much for your wounderful coments on my mothers day blog. I do need to get Kristi to take my pictures. You both do such a wonderful job. You are a wonderful mom your self. You sound like you spend a lot of quality time with those two kidos of yours. I would charish the times Tucker would cudle with me also, bucause it was never. I dont know if that is because he is a boy or just his personality. I love ya to I hope we get to see you soon when you get setteled in your house you will need to come visit.

Christine said...

There really is nothing better than your baby sleeping on you. She's precious.

Markie said...

Adam does some nice photos too. Looks like you've trained him well. ;-) Although it can't be that hard with a beautiful Momma and adorable baby.