Friday, May 13, 2011

you got to move it move it

Being my 7th move in 5 years of marriage you would think I would be a pro at it. Well, I had big plans to go through everything we owned, organize it into corresponding boxes, ready for Adam to load and move. It's amazing how 2 tiny little people have double our accumulation of things. My best laid plans are always thrown off by those two scrumptious babies who, the second I turn my back, take things out of the boxes as I am putting them in...Luckily, we were only moving 20 minutes away and by the end of the 2nd day everything was getting shoved into the closest box, even dirty clothes.

Thus far, Adam and I haven't been too picky when it comes to where we live, although I have become more particular with kids in tow. Every place we have ever moved into has always been the first place we have looked at, we're not much for shopping around. We did some online research and this townhome became available to rent. It was just the right size, right location, right price...sold.

My inlaws so graciously let us stay in their vacant home for a year after Adam was laid off and we will forever be grateful for the time to get back on our feet. It's very nice to move back out on our own and start a new chapter of life.

Here's a preview of the living/kitchen area. It's a mess, I know. My bosses are both under 2 years old and very demanding. Plus, I am no decorator. That's a 911 call I'm putting out to Martha Stewart and Kathy Vincent. :) We've got a second floor with 2bed/2bath. Go down one level to a 2 car garage. Go down one more flight to the basement and there are 2 more rooms, laundry room/bath. I am loving my 20 foot ceilings, tall windows with tons of light, and gated courtyard out front.

Stop by anytime!(unless you are a pedophile, murdered, or thief.)


5 comments:

Joie said...

Sorry if you can't read the captions!

Dresses and Spurs said...

Let's see more pictures!

Christine said...

Such a nice open space. I like it!

Katherine Vincent said...

Joie, It look's like a great place. I think you would have better luck with Martha, getting what you want exactly then me. I have the wool pulled over your eyes. Ha Ha. I want to see more if you get a chance.

John said...

I doubt you have to worry about any "murdereds" coming by. They're usually a little tied up, what with being dead and all. (And if death doesn't stop them from visiting, you've got completely different problems.)