Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lighted Boat Parade

We have been introduced to all sorts of different Christmas traditions since we have been living in the Bay area. Saturday we went to a light boat parade. It was a competition among yachts to see who could put on the best show and really decorate their boat for the holidays. I didn't bring my camera because I thought it would have been too dark for photos, but we saw saw everything from Santa to Aliens. Luckily, the winning boat was posted on YouTube and I have put it here for your viewing pleasure. Now if jet engines, Tesla coil, air raid sirens, Polynesian fire dancers, a huge statue engulfed in flames, and Bruce Springsteen's "R-O-C-K in the USA" doesn't bring out the Christmas spirit in us all, I just don't know what would? It was quite the spectacle.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That seems more like a Christmas nightmare than anything else.