Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You got like 3 feet of air that time...

A shout out to all those who wished me Happy Birthday yesterday. Thank you very much for remembering me even though I am out of sight; out of mind. Adam did me proud yet again. He cooked me a delicious dinner of barbecued tri tip beef, citrus pickled beets, vegetable medley in a vinaigrette, and fresh mozzarella salad with ice cream bars for dessert...mmm...This year he got me a new bike! This is the first new bike I have had since I was 8 years old. I always settle for the eclectic creations that my dad put together after scavenging at the local landfill. I was always satisfied back then. I just couldn't imagine waisting a Christmas or Birthday wish on a brand new bike when I could have something awesome like the latest New Kids on the Block cassette!


















Anyway, Adam also got a new bike because we thought that it was time we became more active and this was something that we could do together. So when I first got to ride my bike it was sort of a Napoleon Dynamite moment.




Napoleon Dynamite: What kind of bike do you have?
Pedro: It's a sledgehammer.
Napoleon Dynamite: Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?





I have yet to take it off any sweet jumps, but we do have some really sweet trails here. There is an entrance about 3 blocks from our house to the San Francisco Bay Trail. It is said to be 500 hundred miles of trail all the way around the bay. I don't know if we will be able to see all of it on our bikes, but hopefully I can write about our future adventures. Our test ride had down for a couple of days with the classic excuse, "it hurts me bum", but we are determined to develop callouses wherever necessary.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope you are not making fun of the NKOTB. I was toying w/ the idea of going to their concert in Minn. I don't think Dan will come with me though. They are on the come back trail. ;)

Tara said...

Happy belated birthday Joie.
When I first started riding my bike my bottom hurt so bad. I tried a new sit but still hurting, so I went with padded short and there you have it, nice padded sit and shorts and you got a none hurting bum.

Happy riding

Tara

Rebekah said...

'callouses wherever needed'

the funniest thing i have read all week. that, my friend, is dedication. i salute you!

it is one of my goals in life to buy bikes with my husband one day so that we can 'do something active' together. all the married kids say that on their blogs when they get bikes or start running. i want to 'do something active with my husband'.

wow.

er, never mind.