Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We finally managed to leave our house. With Adam having to work such long hours it is difficult to find the time to get away, but we took advantage of the three-day weekend. Saturday we went up to Sacramento to visit some friends. I'm so glad that the Boices let us be part of their family for the day!

I bet if Adam made a list of his favorite people to hang out with, first of all it wouldn't be very long, but 4-year-old Aidan would be near the top. They are both in Jedi-training and they both tell really silly jokes that are only funny to one another.
They showed us around Old Sac and we got a taste of the wild west this weekend. It was pretty authentic down to the 95 degree temperatures.


What would a wild west experience be without the Mormons? It was nice to see that they still take their rightful place in history. What I love most is the feeling I get whenever I see something familiar. For instance, when I saw this Mormon Batalion banner I immediately felt a kinship for the people there. The gospel gives you those familiar connections no matter where you are in the world.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thanks so much for coming down and visiting us. We had so much fun.

The Boice Family