Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Name Dropping

So, here I am surfing the web this morning and I see that someone has finally won a million dollars on Deal or No Deal. I'm not a huge follower of the show, but I have watched it a couple of times so I clicked on the headline to see who the lucky winner was...

I was so shocked to see that it was Jessica Robinson. When I knew her she was Jessica Simmons. She lived right next door to me in the Summerwood apartments in Orem, Utah. I was in the Relief Society presidency in my singles ward and she was one of my teachers! Adam and I were both living there when she met and started dating her husband Ross. What's even crazier is that we have photos of her brother, because he and Adam served together in the Charlotte, North Carolina mission. The world just keeps getting smaller. That's my claim to fame. It couldn't have happened to nicer people.

3 comments:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

That is so freakin' awesome! I can't believe it. Im glad it was them. I just hope that they keep they heads on straight with all that money. Hey, thanks again for being such a great friend. Hopefully Ill be able to see you guys some time. Love ya!

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

oh, and ignore the fact that it says corinne p. THat is my sister in law. Im up at my brother's.

Rebekah said...

we Mormons love a game show, do we not? for reals, we could take over the game show world if we just organized ourselves. i think the price is right has doled out more showcase showdown prizes to BYU students over the years than to any other religious demographic.