Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Friend or Foe?

Now, I have never been a fan of any of the arachnid species. I know that there are many arguments out there that plead the case of such creatures. I am aware that they may even be called heroic because of their efforts to rid the world of pestilence such as moths, flies, and mosquitoes. Although their plight may be perceived as philanthropic, I surrender to my deep seated prejudice against spiders. You may think me shallow, but I am repulsed at the very sight of them. I could go on and on about their physical shortcomings or my skewed perception of beauty, but I am afraid that no Next Top Model make-over would ever change my mind. I mean, I could barely edit this film without cringing. It speaks for itself. . .


This spider happens to be about the size of my big toe and has chosen to spin her web in the planter right outside our front door. As long as she stays outside, I will allow her fulfill the measure of her creation. Halloween has decided to decorate on it's own here in Sausalito, I just hope the vampire bats and zombies stay in San Francisco.

No comments: