Saturday, May 23, 2009

Growing Ward Family

I'm not ashamed to admit that my life revolves primarily around my ward. Believe it or not, I have been heckled about this by the very members of said ward. Some of them(left anonymous to protect the innocent) think I need to go out and get a life and do more exciting things that are available in this place where I live. Granted, I do live a very mundane lifestyle, but excitement really isn't a priority for me. I enjoy the occasional daytrip or diversion, however, I prefer getting to know my ward family and really spending my time where it may matter most.

Saturday, we finally were able to witness the baptism of two great friends we have made since we moved here. Marveli and Tyler have been investigating and studying with the missionaries since before we moved here in May 2008. I was able to teach Tyler in primary and were were able to help the Elders out with some of the discussions. Marveli grew up catholic, but was introduced to the church as a youth when she had the opportunity to go to girls camp with some of her friends. She said she never forgot the feelings that she felt there.

These two bring our 2009 ward baptism total to 6 and we have also had 4 babies born with 4 more on the way. The Lord is blessing us greatly.

No comments: