Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Luau

We went to a stake youth dance last Saturday to chaperon. The theme was a tropical luau and I think they invited me so I could stand in for the potbellied pig on a spit. There I am in all my pregnant glory and I still have a good 10 weeks to go! Adam on the other hand just went and had a physical and they told him what excellent health he is in...not counting the facial expressions(his mother told him his face would stick that way!)
Anyway, we loved the youth dance. I haven't seen Adam act like his crazy self in a long time. He found a heavy-set kid that was hanging out by himself in the corner and after 5 minutes with Adam you would've thought they were best friends. They were both hula-hooping with their necks and all of us adults laughed ourselves to tears.
There were kids there from 3 stakes: Napa, San Rafael & West San Francisco. By the end of the night we had a good group of about 100. I admire those kids who come from far and wide just to be with each other and kids with their same values. They are few and far between, but they are strong.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

i don't think i'd be a good youth leader. i'm too afraid of teenagers. good for adam. he's such a nice chap.

Christine said...

Thanks so much for chaperoning! I am glad you two and the kids had fun. I am so excited that our stake is now going to be holding dances too.