Saturday, August 29, 2009

growing already?

As a first-time mom, I can't help but notice how much my baby is changing every single day. No wonder he's asleep 95% of the day--growing this fast must be hard work! It's been just shy of two weeks since Max was born I feel it my duty to document some of what's been happening before my very eyes...


This was my sqiuishy, chubby little boy just days after he was born....


As the days go by he is more alert when he is awake. He notices lights and sounds. He has become very grabby with his hands and has a tendency to yank on his ears and lips, making himself cry. {hmm...red hair or the lighting in the room?}


On his first trip to the pediatrician he has already grown a half inch and was given license to eat as much as he wants.


In the beginning, so many people kept saying that he looks just like his Dad--I'm now starting to see where they got that from...



He'll only be my baby for a little while and I don't want to miss one second...


6 comments:

The Mursets said...

Were you posing Adam with the two of you asleep?

Brooke said...

He sure does look just like adam! i'm so happy for you.

Dresses and Spurs said...

We are so excited for you two! What a cute little sucker. I see a lot of Adam in him, but I think I see your eyes in him Joie. So cool, you two are gonna be the coolest parents ever for sure! Nick

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

Isn't crazy how fast they change...it kinda makes me sad! I don't want her to grow up already haha...I love her being so small and cuddly. He looks so much like adam now, but I thought he looked like you at first! Hes going to be an awesome little boy. ;)

Markie said...

Joie - I love the pic of the two of them sleeping! Max is adorable, but I expected nothing less from you. :-) He definantly has red hair, although Adam is trying to convince me it's the lighting! Ha!

Rebekah said...

Usually I can't tell when people say 'Look how much he's grown!' but with your little guy I can totally see a difference. Really, he is a good looking baby.