Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ramblings of a Pregnant Woman

So here I am looking at my baby counter that says I have 1 day left...HA! This little guy shows no signs of arriving tomorrow. I suppose there is always a chance and so what do you think would be going through my mind on the day before this child enters the world? I wish that I had something profoundly spiritual to say about this whole experience, but those thoughts haven't come to me...yet. This is what I am thinking about and wondering:
  • Why am I sweating when it is only 65 degrees outside?
  • It's gonna hurt.
  • I have to remember to pay 4 bills next week.
  • Should I regret not taking more photos of my pregnant belly?
  • I'm so glad my mom and sister are coming soon.
  • Breastfeeding?
  • How did I grow a human being?
  • Pain is painful.
  • I wish people would stop telling me not to worry...I can't.

It's overwhelming and I know the next couple of weeks will just be a blur. Looking back on the past nine months, it hasn't been that bad. I never got sick. I have only had typical discomfort and now I am being told to sit around all day. What more could I want in these last few days of selfish freedom?

I expect that my life and my perspective on life will change. Right now, I cannot know how or in what way. The only evidence or experience I can pull from are the changes I have previously made in my life. High school >> College......College>>Mission....Misson>>New College....Single>>Married....etc. Each phase has brought change, because of choices that I have made. Every time I have moved into a new phase there are things that I miss about the phase before, but I cannot compare phases.

There is no such thing as "balance" in life. I simply make choices about what is important and imperative. Even though sometimes I don't want to own those choices. I can't have it all(i.e. if I want short hair, then I can't have a ponytail). Each new phase brings with it so many great new things and that is what I choose to look forward to, not what I am giving up.

Marriage>>Kids...bring it on.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. Your great and your will be the best mommy. Looking forward to seeing your newest member of your family. Love ya!

Dresses and Spurs said...

You're one funny gal!

Dresses and Spurs said...

Is there a baby yet?

The Mursets said...

We just saw the pictures! He is a handsome little guy. Congratulations!!