Thursday, April 14, 2011

Roommates.

There were many who said it couldn't be done.
But I did it.
6-month Dempsey and 19-month Max now share a bedroom.
Even after only a couple of days it is a much more rested household. I really think they like being in the same room together. It's as if they are comforted by hearing each other's familiar voices, even if it is often times crying. They both go down around 8pm and sleep all night until close to 7am, when one of them wakes.

If one baby in this house is awake, it means we are all awake...except Lindsay.

babyroom1.jpg (So I really wish I had a super-cool fisheye lens on my camera, but I actually took a series of photos in their tiny nursery and merged them all in Photoshop. Despite the distorted angle, there is barely room to sleep in there as is evidenced by the makeshift bookcase/closet in front of the window and no empty wall space anywhere!)

2 comments:

Annie said...

I totally agree with you on the sibling sleeping. We did it around 7-8 months for Mad and Bennett and it was awesome too. The first time we put them in the same room it was sleeping magic for the whole family. We should have done it sooner.

Kristi said...

I would have never known you photo shopped that picture. What beautiful babies you have! I was all for siblings sleeping in the same room until as of late. My little one has become a rascal, and teases his older brother relentlessly.... I shouldn't say I used to be for them sleeping in the same room, because I still am, I just can't wait for Ian to outgrow this stage. :)