Wednesday, April 6, 2011

vanity.

So, I've noticed little things about my son as he has been growing and his personality has been developing. It's fun and funny to see how he reacts to everyday life. Why just this morning I pulled on a bright pink t-shirt and came out of my bedroom for the day. When he saw me he had this freaked-out look on his face and started backing away from me. I was trying to give him a hug and tell him good morning, but he just clasped his juice cup tighter and ran toward the couch. He buried his face and was crying(with streaming tears) into the cushion. I crouched down to ask him what was the matter and to try to reason with him(futile), but everytime he looked at me he just wailed even louder. I couldn't help but chuckle, because it just seemed so ludicrous that he was afraid of seeing me in a pink shirt. I put a dark blue sweatshirt on over it and then he was all too happy to come to me and be comforted.

In the back of my mind I think he is trying to tell me that I can't pull off an outfit with color...in other words, stick with dark colors and nuetrals, mom.

Max is also very particular about having food on his face. Don't get me wrong. He can get down and dirty with the best of them, but when he is finished with his meal he wants his hands and face wiped. He doesn't like that feeling of yogurt running down his chin, syrup on his fingers, or anything that he has to wear on his head for that matter.

Last weekend, Grandma Sheffer was in town for a conference, so we went to hang out with her. While we were sitting in the hotel room, Max became quite enamored with his reflection in the full-length mirror. It was hilarious to watch him dance and make faces, and do a double-take every time he would pass by. It must be hard to be so cute.


maxmirror1.jpg maxmirror1.jpg maxmirror1.jpg
...just after I published this post, I went into the bathroom to find Max in my makeup drawer, his face covered with shimmery, purple eyeshadow. I don't think it's your color, Max.

6 comments:

Nikki & Richie said...

That is way cute. Gotta love kids.

Cynthia said...

Ha ha, that's awesome! You have to post pics with the purple eyeshadow. I love how you capture your kids thru your photographs...beautiful.

Ora said...

1.. Flames on his shoes?! Totally jealous! He is the cutest thing ever..
2.. Wait till Dempsey is 4.. When you put on your first hot pink and black leopard print shirt ever... she will exclaim "Oh mom, I love your shirt!!" to which you will rethink your choice of clothing for the day if the 4 year old is totally in love with the look ;)

Glad you blogged about the pink shirt story - so stinkin' funny. I want to have a park day with you soon, as soon as the weather keeps switching from gross to pretty!

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

That shirt thing is funny!!!

Katherine Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Vincent said...

Oh Joesephen, That is fun to hear. tucker is the same way with the food buisness. Well sometimes. I love the pictures in front of the miror. I want to put them at the bottom of a book, and flip it fast so I can see him in motion. Maybe if the trend to wear you britches to your ankels is still in style by the time he is a adolesent, you can show no mercie, and hit the couch with crocadile tears to.