Monday, April 4, 2011

You are my sunshine...

When I found out I was pregnant with Dempsey, I cried. Not a happy cry either. I wasn't ready for another baby, not yet anyway. Max was only 4 months old, Adam had just been laid-off from his job, and we had just made a huge move from California back to Utah and the future was uncertain. Now, when I look at my precious sweetheart, I can't imagine my life without her. From the very beginning she knew me. Even the doctor was stunned that she already had separation anxiety at 6 weeks old. I love having a little soul that needs me...she makes my heart happy.
demps-chair.jpg

We don't actually celebrate half-birthdays at our house, but to make it to your first half-birthday is quite a milestone. Little Dempsey is not a cuddle-bug anymore. She wants to go, go, go. She hasn't quite mastered sitting up or crawling, but she can roll and scoot around in circles pretty well to get to things she wants. She is very strong and I have no doubt she will be on the move very soon.

She has managed to start holding her bottle up all by herself, but sometimes she just wants mom to do it anyway. We started with some solid foods and she is doing okay. She likes to stick her tongue out, but I'm persistent and we are able to keep most of it down. So far, she has only tried rice cereal and sweet potatoes...April's menu will include squash, green beans, and peas(is your mouth watering yet?)

demps-chair.jpg

At about 5 1/2 months old she cut her first two teeth! There they are in all their glory and all the fun that comes with them. She wants to grab and bite everything within reach. If it's not within reach you will get the following face which leads to much more screaming and arching of the back. Yes, this redhead has a little feisty streak. She definitely gets that from her dad. :)

demps-chair.jpg


(the stare-down) Mamma's sassy girl.
demps-chair.jpg

...you make me happy when skies are gray.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Joie this was a beautiful post!! All of the pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS, and the words are just as equal. What a lucky girl Dempsey is to have you for a mother. I LOVE her headband as well!

Katherine Vincent said...

I have to agree with Kristi she put it better then I ever could. You both are just so gorgeous.

Janel said...

I love the pictures! What a pretty girl! I never knew Adam when he was a little girl but I'm guessing she gets it from you :)